Spiritual Adoption 2023
Our Lady of Guadalupe, Intercessor of the Unborn
To help stop the anti-life push in the world the late Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen encouraged the spiritual adoption of an unborn child. This is done by praying that one particular but unknown child's life be spared abortion and be allowed to continue to live.
To help accomplish this, it is recommended that an individual say the following daily prayer for a period of nine months.
"Jesus, Mary and Joseph, I love you very much. I beg you to spare the life of the unborn baby that I have spiritually adopted who is in danger of abortion.
The name I wish to give my baby is ____________________. During your earthly life this spiritually adopted child of yours will be known only to God but in the world to come it is hoped that you will meet the souls your prayers saved and spend eternal happiness with them.
Jesus, may your peace and your love embrace the hearts, minds and souls of the family, friends and loved ones who encourage this abortion and lead them all to your sacred and Eucharistic heart."
2023 Spiritually Adopted Babies
Karla Victoria & Hernandez Amayo
Jennifer & Jason
Rachel & Priscilla
The conclusion of our 2023 Spiritual Adoption campaign will be celebrated on October 22 with a baby shower in honor of our adopted babies. Diapers, baby clothes and any other new mother and baby supplies you would like to donate will be distributed to area pregnancy and new mother support charities. Find details on the Baby Shower Event page!
October is Respect Life Month
10 Steps to End Abortion
Source: Priests for Life Website
There are many things you can do to help end abortion, and we provide ten suggestions here, based on some of the most proven and effective pro-life strategies.
- Pray! Prayer is the foundation of all we do.
- Promote Alternatives! Be sure to get to know the pregnancy center nearest to where you live!
- Promote Healing and Testimonies! The pro-life movement and the Church bring healing.
- Read at least one book about abortion and the pro-life movement this year.
- Speak Up! Options: private conversation, letters to the editor, blog comments or social media sites
- Be Politically Active! Get to know the state and federal lawmakers who represent you, and communicate with them about abortion.
- Expose Abortion! “Have nothing to do with the fruitless works of darkness; rather, expose them!” (Eph. 5:11). A key reason abortion continues is that its violence is hidden.
- Inform your pastor and other leaders in your Church about how they can help end abortion.
See www.Prolife.Church for resources on praying, preaching, and mobilizing the Church community.
- Take to the Streets! participating in a March, Life Chain, or prayer vigil or protest at an abortion mill, you will be advocating for the unborn in a public way,
- Stay Connected with at least one Pro-life Organization! You can receive action alerts. Support these groups with your donations. Unfortunately, more money is spent in our country killing babies in the womb than in saving them.
As we are in the midst of the GB Diocesan Discipleship Journey “Worship Jesus Years” (2022-2025) and the 3- year USCCB “Eucharistic Revival” we are encouraged to assist in aiming for “a movement of Catholics across the United States, healed, converted, formed and unified by an encounter with Jesus in the Eucharist – and sent out in mission for the life of the world.” By leaning into the Holy Spirit, listening for guidance, may we hear God’s call for us to go out into the world with charity to accomplish His plans for our lives; to witness to others the power of God in our lives; to raise up the voice of those with no voice, power or choice.
Meet Baby Olivia
Baby Olivia was created by Live Action to show audiences the spectacular life of a baby growing in her mother's womb. She has been reviewed and deemed scientifically accurate by accredited OBGYNs. The images depict the moment of conception through a term pregnancy to show the humanity of the preborn child throughout each stage of human development.
Learn more and view all images at https://babyolivia.liveaction.org/share/.