Religious Education at Good Shepherd Parish
1st - 5th Grade
Wednesdays 3:30 – 5:00 pm
We use the Faith and Life Series for instruction at these levels along with the Prayers and Teachings of the Church for each grade.
6th - 11th Grade
Wednesdays 6:00 – 7:30 pm
We use the Faith and Life Series for middle school, the Didache Series for High School, along with video integration of Steubenville Youth Conference Video Clips, YOU Series and Altaration.
Wednesdays 6:45 – 8:15 pm
We use the Chosen Series for Confirmation Prep as well as the Didache Series and Altaration. Juniors will be preparing for the Sacrament of Confirmation and will be concluding with Confirmation during the Fall of their Senior year.
Religious Education Registration
Registration for the religious education program begins in July and concludes in August to allow for time to ensure adequate staffing with catechists. All previous families will receive a mailing in July with registration information. To register for our RE program, click the icon above to download and print out the registration form, or pick up a paper copy at Chilton Area Catholic School or in the Parish office.
Volunteers in the Religious Education Program
Our volunteers are practicing Catholics who share their faith in a variety of ways:
- Catechists are adults who teach our children the Catholic faith. As a catechist you will benefit and grow in your own knowledge of the faith.
- Prayer Listeners visit the classrooms to listen to students recite their grade level prayers and teachings of the church. They pop into classes any time that’s convenient for their schedule. They encourage and help our youth memorize basics of our faith.
- Aides help in classrooms, sometime on a weekly basis and other times for special projects. Many say that they learn more about the faith just by being in the classroom helping.
- Substitutes are needed on an “on-call” basis to step in in teach a class when the regular catechist is unable to teach.
- Hall Monitors are needed to help with the door, hallways and parking lots.
All volunteers who work with youth in our Parish are required to complete the mandated VIRTUS training, and are encouraged to learn more about their Catholic faith by participating in parish in-service meetings and the Diocesan certification program.
Good Shepherd Religious Education Committee
The Religious Education Committee is a group of parents, catechists, and concerned parish members who help the RE program administrator steer the program in a direction that meets the educational needs of the children and youth in the parish.